Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm an Author and Other Sort-Of-But-Not-Completely-Related News

Over the years, I've read several posts similar to this one, and now it's my turn!  At the beginning of this year, I was asked to participate in writing a new SSIS book with co-authors: Erik Veerman, Brian Knight, and Jay Hackney.  After many late nights and just a few cans of Mountain Dew, I'm proud to say that the book has been completed and will be published at the beginning of November.  Please check out: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services Problem-Design-Solution.

Along with that exciting news comes an apology for not blogging as much as I would have liked.  Here's a quick recap from the past several months:

Also, if you follow me on Twitter, you probably already know a lot of this.  And if you don't follow me on Twitter, why not?

More posts to follow on future events and, of course, some technical content as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your teaching blog. It helps me a lot.

but I faced one difficult requirement, I would like to sum up TOP N records, as in your blog, only display TOP N is introduced. So, May I know how to sum up TOP N records?

Could you advise me? My contact is sunnypoon@alumni.polyu.edu.hk

Jessica M. Moss said...

Hi Sunny,
You can use the same top N logic, but instead of listing the column fields directly, add a SUM function around the value.
HTH, Jessica